Recording of Non-Qualifying Away Scores


England Golf now require all competitive Non-qualifying scores made away from Brett Vale to be recorded.

For the sake of Clarity this is likely to be any score from Opens, Charity days, Corporate days, Alliance fixtures, Golf Societies, and such like whatever the format including Singles and Team games except for Texas scrambles, Foursomes, or Greensomes.

It is your responsibility to record these scores, in the NON-QUALIFIER AWAY SCORES FILE held in the Pro shop, in a timely manner. Failure to do so could result in the loss or suspension of your handicap.

There is no need to record Qualifying scores as the club already receives these directly through the Central Database of handicaps run by England Golf.

In team games, it is the team scores which should be recorded as well as team h/c allowance if appropriate. Where ‘society handicaps’ are used record this in the h/c played off box.

The information required to complete the form is :-


Your Name

Current Club handicap

Date of Competition

Description of competition (i.e. Seniors open, Brett Vale Golf Society etc.)

Format of competition (singles stableford, Pairs betterball stableford, AM-AM, 4BBB etc.)

Venue/course and tees

SSS of course

Par of the course

Handicap played off

Score returned ( team score if team game)

Team playing partners


You are not required to record scores from ‘social rounds’ played at other clubs but if in doubt record it.


Keith Ribbans (Handicap sec)